About

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's a Fact

Seth and I are officially the LUCKIEST aunt and uncle that ever existed. And P is officially the coolest nephew!

Saturday afternoon was spent playing, wrestling, and scheming a sneak out to the toy store with P. The scheming was hilarious. He decided that Seth and I would help him sneak out of the house and head to the toy store so he could get a toy. Our jobs were to donate just a little more cash, coins preferably, but he'd take the paper money too, and to create a distraction for his mama, who was cleaning in the kitchen. It was all whispers... And acting like nothing in particular was going on if she glanced our way or looked like she might catch on. He was sure his mama wouldn't notice him gone, if we could just get the door unlocked and out. :)

As we parted, P rushed to find me a gift. Sweet boy. He actually gave me one of his subway cars (the F train) from his collection. I slipped it back in his mailbox before we headed off (I had enjoyed his kindness but knew he would enjoy playing with it much more than I would... the thought is all I need :) What a brilliant and wonderful little boy! So happy to be a part of his life... to take in his energy and excitement.

4 comments:

Char said...

sounds like a good match for my four-year-old niece

poefusion said...

what i want to know is if he got that new toy? and, why is it our energy leaves us as we get older? glad you guys had a nice time.

Mrs. E said...

What a sweetheart! Bet his mama enjoyed his antics, too!

beth said...

nieces and nephews have a special place in my heart too...

this was just the cutest story !