



It's interesting how I had somehow never seen the Guggenheim Museum until this summer... Especially since it is across the street from Central Park and fairly close to the Met. I'd seen photos and new the museum itself was a unique piece of art.
I'm happy I went this summer while the Frank Lloyd Wright collection was on exhibit. I cannot believe how amazing his work is. The museum is celebrating its 50 year anniversary this year.
I also enjoyed one of the exhibits on the top floor. Students around the city were taught art in their schools, sponsored through the Guggenheim. Many pieces of art from elementary aged students were on display. How awesome is that!? Wish my students could create through these opportunities. And speaking of youth and the Guggenheim, wish I were 8-12 years old so I could audition for this opportunity taking place at the Guggenheim for next winter.
6 comments:
I've seen pictures, too. I'm having city envy again!!
Your students? So you're a teacher by occupation? What age range do you teach?
And I love the architecture. It's...majestic? You could say. I don't know how to explain it. I just really like it. And it's very considerate and nice of the museum to display the artwork of elementary school kids. :]
I have so wanted to see that place - gorgeous shots
and of course I love FLW
Really wish I could be back in New York, so many amazing things to see and do. One day was not enough!
these are so beautiful. you are a teacher? so lovely.
xoxo
I've seen pictures of the Guggenheim too at another NY blog. It's a cool looking structure. And, I think it's great they have such opportunities for children. Sounds like you enjoyed your time. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment