About

Monday, August 17, 2009

24 Things Check-In

Checking in with my list of 24 Things... Kind of fun to have this list, posted by my computer, as a reminder of the things I am wanting to do, as a way to keep pushing myself. It's so much like New Year's Resolutions, which I usually lightly think about and maybe even jot down, but never take too seriously (I think the pressure of it just overwhelms me and turns me off quickly.)

Soooo my 24.

1. Have been doing this (and even got a fun note back from one of my friends with a great little illustration :) My letter this week was sent using one of my new cards I got from here. The ones I've been sending for this have to hand written, and I have been trying to do about one a week minimum.

2. Need to work on a song again soon... Hasn't been on my mind for a while.

3. Not yet.

4. Working on 2 projects right now... :) Strangers and 100 out-of-focus photos.

5. Not doing yet. I take photos of people in the streets, but I want to do something a little more formal... Need to post some stuff or get word out looking for someone to photograph...

6. No class yet. May come next spring.

7. Writing almost everyday, in one way or another. Been doing morning pages almost regularly. Hoping to keep this habit going in the fall when I return to work.

8. Not yet.

9. Did a little here... Still have the paints out on my kitchen table and have a stack of small paintings (nothing wonderful... but the experience of focusing, painting is soothing enough for me.)

10. Not yet.

11. Not yet.

12. So far, so good.

13. I guess so... Want to keep it going, even if it's in the smallest forms...

14. Not in the plans yet.

15. Not yet.

16. Talked about this one with my grandmother recently. She said I just needed to do it. Pull out the materials and start hooking.

17. Not yet...

18. Looked at one the other day at the antique store. It was $25... but I think I can find one on the internet for less.

19. Getting more comfortable with the M and Av settings.

20. Yes. Started this week. Spent last evening experiencing a new type of yoga... It was truly refreshing, more spiritual than I had experienced before, but cleansing. Then checked out a studio this afternoon, which I really liked. And I think I'm going to a meditation session tomorrow morning there too. If I can make yoga and meditation a part of my life, I might be a little healthy (physically and emotionally) this next school year. It's nice to go and just focus on where I am at that moment, to let go of everything that I carry and wash over and over in my mind. I think I'd like to go one to two times a week regularly.

21. Working on it. Hopefully 20 will help me achieve this easier.

22. Up and going. Still need to make some changes to the look of the site, but whatever for now.

23. So far, so good. The real challenge will be when I return to work in the fall... Making myself go when I'm busy or when I'd rather just go home and lay around.

24. Looking for the brighter side of every day.

5 comments:

beth said...

i just wrote a list of sorts for my post tomorrow...

I like life lists...done or to do or just as...

they make me smile :)

Char said...

it's sounding like good progress

Diane said...

Number 24 sums it all up for all of us. Hope you keep going on your list.

poefusion said...

good to see you've been productive with with your list.

rachel said...

I love that list!! Such a good idea. You've inspired me to make a list - although it might need to be mini because I turn 25 in January.

Um, I added your blog to my link list, so maybe that can sort of begin to satisfy #17?? :)