Spent the afternoon in Coney Island. Sweating in the heat. It's waaayyy hot and humid. We were happy to get onto the cool air conditioned subway and our chilled apartment for the rest of the afternoon. The clouds were amazing today, probably because of the hurricane that's making it's way up the East coast.
The ocean was closed to swimming today... So many kids ran and played in the sprinklers under the palm trees.
More photos to come as I process them. You can see another photo over here... (a new little site I'd worked on a while back for other reasons, but decided to make a photo a day project there last night when I was sitting at home looking for something to distract me.) I really like this photo. Snapped it at the last minute as we entered the subway station.
P.S. I've always been a lover of summer. But I'm starting to wonder if maybe I really don't love it as much as I used to. I am really looking forward to fall. Can't wait to comfortable wear jeans and light jackets... To breathe again and not sweat so much.


6 comments:
wow this is crazy because i visited coney island while it was freeezing and it looked NOTHING like this
I've never been to Coney Island - but hope to go there some day.
autumn is my very favorite - there is just something about that first bite of cool air and falling leaves.
finding water to play in is about all one can do in the heat of the day. coney island looks like a nice place to hang out. your photo project is coming along nicely. hope all is well.
coney island....I'd love to go there :)
and we have had such a fall like summer that our true fall will be like icing on the cake !
DID I MENTION IM GLAD UR DOING THE PICTURE A DAY THING AGAIN! MAYBE ILL JOIN YA WHEN I GET A CAMERA
Post a Comment