About

Friday, August 21, 2009

To the Library

My sister-in-law and nephew introduced me to their library... and I think I'm in love! When I first moved to NYC, I was so thrilled at the idea of having access to a city full of books... But I soon figured out that the main branch of my library is a mess. The books are All over the place or gone... No one really seems that friendly or approachable when I need help... All of this was not worth schlepping books about a mile home after I did find some. Sooo, lately I've been reserving books online and having them put on hold at the library a couple blocks from me (a smaller library that doesn't seem to have a ton of books). And it's been working. I've been getting what I want (eventually) and with the close location, I've been avoiding late fees. But now, with the library they took me to, I might be able to get more! The place was clean and the librarians seemed nice and approachable. Books were organized nicely on shelves and they seemed to have quite a collection!

I would have missed the library if I didn't have someone taking me... There is construction going on right outside it.... Which provides great bars for climbing and balancing on.


The walls across from the library are Covered in graffiti. Love city art.

1 comment:

poefusion said...

I love graffiti there's so much expression at play. Pleased to hear you've found another library you can use. Have a great night.