About

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Camping Trip

Last weekend, Seth and I headed back to the Delaware River for a few nights of camping. Last time we were camping, we were in New Jersey... this time, we were somewhere in New York. I'm sooo not familiar with any of the area around here, so I couldn't even tell you what towns we were near, what towns we went through... I just rode along and was happy when we arrived. :)

I took my camera, intending to take in the view and capture it... but I didn't really pull out my camera at all. I did take this photo... Right after we had discovered the pair of sunglasses that I had somehow lost in the car on the way up. The pair I lost ended up wedged in the seat and when I pulled them out, they were bent with one of the sides knocked out! Ooops. Good thing Seth had bought another pair on his ride up (Of course the ones I lost/broke/ruined were his and not mine :)

My favorite part of the trip was the rafting/float trip. The original plan was to get tubes... Until we'd heard that the river was really shallow in some areas and people would get scraped up by the rocks... So then it was canoes, but our final decision, which was the best, was the big rafts that can fit 4 or so people. It was amazing... Floating, relaxing, laughing. We did a little swimming, despite the cool, cool temperatures of the water... To the point that I kind of forgot how to swim when I jumped in. My body just couldn't quite function right, so there I was dog-paddling while my body got over the shocking cold water :)

The other part I love about camping is the food! Friday night, I put together our meal using veggies and chopped beef pieces (used for stews). When I was a kid this was called a Hobo's meal (or something of the sort). Our friend calls it the Camper's Special. If you look back here, you can see photos of it on the fire. The second night, we had steaks and veggies cooked over the fire. And for dessert... Smores!

5 comments:

beth said...

this photo is soooo cool !

I'm a reflection nut and this is perfect !

and your camping sounds perfect...mine would sound buggy, cold, wet and itchy...

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time. I haven't gone camping in ages. D;

And that is an AWESOME picture. The reflection in his glasses is what makes it for me. o.o

Char said...

yum!! campfire food is just the best. I love baked potatoes and corn cooked in the fire.

poefusion said...

Your picture would be a great entry for The Mirror Project (www.mirrorproject.com) I would have left the direct link but it doesn't want to load for me and I thought it might not link properly here.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I took steaks once on a camping trip and forgot to take silverware. We ended up using sticks for cooking the steaks.

traceyclark said...

am loving this photo!! awesome stuff.
also wanted you to know that I loved your comment on Shutter Sisters about turning to the art of yoga. i love yoga and yet have never looked at it as a creative medium. now you've really got me thinking and looking at it differently. thanks for that!