About

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blue Sky Somewhere




Gray morning. Overcast New York City. I hate days like these. I just want the sun to come out and shine and brighten my mood. When I moved here, over a year ago, I was blinded a little bit by the excitement and my love for my new City. It took me until last spring to realize that the skies here are just not as blue as the skies in other places. (Of course this makes sense... the pollution that hangs over the city fades the blues... Yummy right?) So, I've come to appreciate Blue Blue skies.

These shots are from our July trip to Colorado. As you can see, Colorado knows how to do it! The clouds create a kind of art in the sky with a perfect blue background.

Check out these SKYplay clouds... Isn't this great?! I linked to this collection from here a while back.

... Maybe I need to create one of these! Especially since I don't see clouds and blue skies that often... This could be my way of keeping them in my life :) And I have plenty of blank walls in my apartment.

And while I'm linking to lovely sky photos... Check out these stunning cloud photos of Georgia's... Here and Here.

4 comments:

Char said...

beautiful shots - i love fluffy cottonball clouds

Anonymous said...

Love those clouds. You don't prefer grey overcast days? I love days like that. Especially when it rains.

Mrs. E said...

Colorado has beautiful skies! Sometimes when we are skiing-- breathtaking!

poefusion said...

Love your cloudy blue skies.