It's interesting how my days go at the current job I have. Almost once a week I have a day that is sooo terrible that it's comparable to the worst day of my life... and Yes, I said this happens almost once a week. It's usually on Wednesdays. This week, Wednesday came and went without being the worst day of my life. Today, I spent the day touring Wall Street (more on that later... and Plenty more pictures to come too.) Somehow the day slipped by without having too many horrible moments. And now, there is only one day left in the week, and I cannot see how a Friday before a long weekend could possibly turn out to be a "worst day of my life" kind of day.So why am I writing about such horrible days when I have such a beautiful picture? I'm really trying to prevent these days by keeping my thinking optimistic (as much as I possibly can)... But off of these horrible days, my evenings are usually pretty great. Tonight was no exception. Seth ran into a friend that we had made in Vermont. They were on the same subway headed home after work. Turns out, our friend and his girlfriend have recently moved to the neighborhood! We are more than thrilled! They are wonderful, down-to-earth, comfortable people to be around. We spent the evening in their beautiful garden floor apartment (enjoying their amazing garden and large space - at least compared to our home). I'm so excited to have this couple so close now! They remind me of the good friends we left behind in Kansas... The kind of friends that seem to click in a way that cannot completely be explained.
Well it's off to bed, a bit too late. Oh and the photo above was taken in Battery Park on the Southern tip of Manhattan this afternoon (in the moment I was able to escape the group and enjoy a few quiet photo moments in the shade while I attempted to center myself before re-joining the chaos.) These flowers (what are they called?) will always remind me of NY. They are some of my favorites. And one last ramble before I call it a night. Seth was a sweet heart, trying to make up for the fact that I did dishes yet another night... I think. He brought me home lilacs!! They are insanely beautiful and the smell of them turned my exhausted, grumpy mood instantly to happiness!
5 comments:
bad days, good days—they are all beautiful through your eyes, as are your pictures. i love that you are always taking in-the-moment shots and posting them right away. you are a true lover of photography. it's evident in everything you do and say!
The flower is an allium. :-) They are a fun, pretty flower. I know you probably don't know me, because I was gone most of the year when you taught in Kansas, but I certainly enjoy your blog. :-) Thanks for letting a land locked Kansas girl get a "peek" at life in NYC.
What a beautiful shot! I'm sending you best wishes for wonderful Wednesdays to come. :)
Love that bokeh on your beautiful day. Thanks for sharing at Shutter Sisters.
this is a beautiful picture you've posted!! you really captured a moment that stood still, for just a fraction of a second, in the life of this tiny flower/weed.
Post a Comment