I want to be there now. I know I left last post half written and the story of our adventure's destination untold. No tattoos (as mentioned on Sunday's post) were gotten. But getting out of the city was definitely successful. It was a process and an adventure... One we will not soon forget. I enjoyed so many moments of pure happiness and relaxation. I felt like we were Exactly where we were meant to be. (Something I've been craving for a while, and slowly started realizing I've been achieving the last few months...)Our trip was to the Delaware Water Gap near the New Jersey & Pennsylvania border. We were 6 campers + a dog and one friend who joined for the camper's dinner, but no overnight stay. I'll have more pictures and stories to share, but this is all I could muster up tonight. I'm exhausted and sore. I knocked my ankle on a rock after I slipped on a wet rock (moments after I took this picture)... My knee is probably going to be out of whack for the next few days (sacrifice that is completely worth it)... And Seth and I are at the point of soreness that we had to help each other walk up the stairs to our 3rd floor walk-up after dinner. All of the pains will be wonderful reminders over the next few days of the camping & hiking success we had for the long weekend.
A quick note about the photo above: As we hiked our way down the trail along the creek, I stopped at this moss and explained to Vicky how much I'd love to take my shoes off and stand on its softness for a moment. She (free spirited as she is) was completely for it, and we called our group to a halt for a few moments of shoeless fun in the cold water and soft moss. Lewis (the dog) also Loved the moments to dive, jump, and splash through the water.
Okay, so here are a few more.
Seth sitting on the rock, enjoying the moment of rest and the sound of the running water.
Scott and Vicky and their son, Lewis. He was absolutely thrilled to be launching and jumping through the water. The whole trip was to celebrate Lewis' "birthday" weekend. They got him 2 years ago this weekend, and since he was adopted and they don't really know exactly when he was born, this is the weekend of celebration. He's 4 and was treated like a king! He's one of the best dogs I've ever met! I couldn't get over how well-behaved he was this weekend... The whole trip, he was amazing! City dog that he is, he definitely knows how to camp and hike.
Vicky taking a moment to snap a few photos and enjoy the ice cold water on her feet.
9 comments:
Back in the country!! Great pics!
awesome! We always drive through that general area on the way to CT, but have never been. Looks like an amazing time was had by two-footed and four-footed alike!
I love that first photo! It almost looks like the water could be much farther down, like you were on a cliff! (Frequent reader since I found you on flickr from SS.)
oooo - it looks so pretty ali! we've so gotta go this summer!!!
thanks for swinging by for dinner!!
love it! what a pretty place. how nice to escape the roaring city for something so serene.
i love your moss under feet shot! gorgeous deep greens!
Looks like a great way to spend a weekend.
how lovely--I can feel the cool green under my toes now...great post--glad you were able to share the weekend with friends and have such a wonderful time. Best-c
Oh that looks so great! I love the first photo with the moss. Enchanting! I'm glad you had a fun time and hope you get some rest for those sore muscles.
Thanks for the comment! I actually think that picture was taken in late afternoon. I love pictures after rain, with droplets everywhere.
Post a Comment