Here are a few of my favorite moments of my Tuesday:
- Knowing it's the last Tuesday before 2 months of Tuesdays off work!
- A voicemail with an offer to plant-sit for a month... and now, my fire escape is filled with green plants and a few flowers (the ones that survived a sweet boy's picking for the small bouquet sitting in a glass on my kitchen table).
- And of course, even better than a green fire escape was the short visit with my favorite nephew and sister-in-law while they dropped off the green plants... The kitchen was inspected by P, but I was completely happy to share my new cupboards and drawers with him!
- The old apartment is cleaned and empty, ready for a walk through and a giving away of the keys.
- A last minute get-together with friends at my now official Favorite bar (High Dive.... LOVE it even more because they have a POPCORN machine!!!)
- Dinner with this guy as our chef...
- Fried Rice. Love love love it!
- A birthday surprise for the guy that didn't really have a birthday. It's on my list of faves but I'm wondering why I don't get 2 birthdays a year!! (P.S. Mine is coming soon :) Can you find the date above?)
We felt kind of bad faking his birthday... It was something that just happened. He joined us after we had been seated, and when he came in, we were all greeting him, and someone wished him happy birthday (joking) and we went with it! Made the evening fun and enjoyable, almost as if we were really celebrating a birthday!! It was harmless, and then right before we headed out, they brought out the ice cream... Of course ice cream is harmless, and we weren't faking birthdays for the dessert... But we enjoyed it, as if it were his birthday... and we tipped well to make up for our misled dinner celebration!
- Sweet friends... A big hug for V and S from Scott, the "birthday" boy.
- My new iPhone... Can't decide what I love most, but I do have to say the camera rocks (even if the photos aren't the BEST quality...) And I do love having my music again (my iPod broke last December...)
- Ooooo and I like the way things are going lately... Somethings in my life must Really be meant to be!! In our old apartment, we used a loft for our bed, so we'd have room for our desk underneath it. When we decided to move, we had originally agreed to keep things the same, including the lofted bed. As the day drew closer, Seth remembered how tortured he was by putting the thing up a year ago... and he grew discouraged about wanting to do it again. So, last minute, we thought we'd run to Ikea and just get something that would work as far as a bed frame... I changed my mind, not wanting to deal with Ikea and not wanting to buy a new bed for the second time in year (even if they are fairly cheap). And I'm glad I changed my mind, because on our way home tonight... We found the frame and headboard that we would have gotten from Ikea if we had gone!!!! It was sitting out on the sidewalk, calling our names!! AND IT WAS FREE! Love NYC. Love Brooklyn. Love my neighborhood!
3 comments:
The bed "gods" were smiling down on you!! : ) I love the fact that you have a table to show your vase of flowers. Enjoy your last few days. I have a feeling that this might be a class that you will never forget!
oh have a nice time off!
It must be tough to buckle down and study when living in a city. There are just so many distractions!
ha, the furniture on the sidewalk is so NYC.
oh, my goodness, that is so awesome about the bed. that is what i call synchronicity! or fate. or something.
i can't tell you how many great things i have found free on the side of the road. but never something so timely! good for you!
sounds like you had a full and wonderful tuesday. every day should be that good!
Post a Comment