I'm back. I unofficially took a break from blogging last week. I was in a stressful state and nothing really seemed to satisfy me. All the changes and stresses of the last week... new apartment, job, eye problems, cleaning the old apartment... A few tears and a day and a half in the eye doctors' office... I made it to Friday (almost late for work and in flip flops despite the rain). All my bags were packed and ready... and a day at the botanical gardens (pretty much ruined by the rain, but still completely satisfying because I was Only with people I Wanted to be with!) I met Seth at Penn Station for a 4:19 p.m. train towards our weekend get-away... Bay Shore, Long Island to a ferry to Fire Island to meet our favorite nephew and his papa!And even though we were drenched when we arrived at our hotel (you should have seen Seth being resourceful and using our beach umbrella to block the wind and rain as we schlepped all our stuff from the ferry to the hotel!), we had a beautiful, wonderful, relaxing, Perfect weekend. A day at the beach Saturday. The photo above was the view we saw as we headed to greet the morning waves on the nearly empty beach, a bit of heaven in the coffee cups we were holding. I didn't want to leave this afternoon, and when we missed the 3:40 p.m. ferry and had to wait until 4:55 p.m. for the next one, I did a secret cheer inside! I have almost 8 gigs of photos (over 500) to go through. I still haven't gone through the photos from last weekend's badminton tournament.... But I feel motivated and excited and will hopefully be posting photos of our adventures throughout the days that follow.
6 comments:
You had me worried about your eyes! So glad you were relaxing and doing something wonderful! Saw little bro at our garage sale. Filled Desi full of great chick lit books and Ben with Christmas stuff! : )
glad you had a good weekend. welcome back.
{ps. i love the word schlepped. :)
i love when people say it, but even more when they write it! just makes me smile.}
georgia b. - i love the word schlepped too! never heard it or used it until ny... i remember reading it in a newspaper story & deciding i'd use it as often as possible! :)
o and mrs. e, if you see ben again soon, tell him he needs to come to nyc to see his sister! :) and i might have to call desi and have her share books with me after she's done reading them!!
what a wonderful time with loved ones...
and how is that eye doing now ?
Wow, what an amazing view! I'm so glad you had this weekend for yourself. Can't wait to see more pics!
Hope your eyes are doing better!
I love fire island! Great photo too.
Post a Comment