No more rooftop sunsets from this view. But I'll always have the photos to remind me of the beauty of the city from my first NYC apartment roof. The sun sets on that home, and will rise on our new home. New memories, new beginnings. New space. :)A quick moment to share what I am loving about our new home...
- Washer/Dryer stack in the hall closet between the bathroom and kitchen. The first moment I had in the new place, I was loading a load of laundry. And one of the first things I did this morning was laundry! The convenience makes me so happy!
- A kitchen table. I searched through craigslist yesterday to see if I could find one since we had a van to pick it up with, and I was so lucky to find a lovely black one that came with two sweet black chairs. It was made for my kitchen, and it now sits happily looking out the window.
- Living room space. I cannot believe there is living room space! Something we didn't have last week! And even though it's still filled with lots of random things, including pieces from our loft that we are trying to figure out what to do with (sell, put back together, give away???), I love love love the space we have!!
- The prospect for a new subway route to work! I feel like a child getting ready for her first day of school in the fall. :) F train, here we come!
7 comments:
Exciting new beginnings for you! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see pictures of the new place.
Your new place sounds wonderful. And I'm so happy that you are headed to Colorado for some rest and relaxation! You are due!
Congrats on the new place.
I still remember my first washer & dryer and when I got a dishwasher -- sounds boring, but it was the BEST....
having more space is such a great feeling after being cramped. but it's amazing how fast we fill it up.
i'm having a garage sale soon, because i want to get our place back to that zen-like simplicity it had when we first moved in. i'm so tired of stufffffffff and cluttttttter.
ughhhh. glad you are excited with your new place and new beginnings. that is so nice.
it all sounds like heaven....I'm so happy for you and your new space...and your new table and chairs !
and where in colorado...did you know I'm moving there next year...wait, did we talk about this already ?
ps...I'm a laundry lover !
it does sound wonderful :o)
~simply~
such a moody little sunset in that pic. So exciting to hear about the new place---oh the memories I have of lugging laundry around in the city!
Post a Comment