About

Friday, September 4, 2009

Piano Player

A shot from tonight... the piano player on the platform at Union Square tonight. Last weekend there was a discussion about how exactly this man got his piano down the stairs there and kept it in tune (by the way, I am so out of touch for what in tune means... I wasn't the one who brought that fact up!).

Another shot from tonight here, one I think love.

Been working all week (found a bullet hole in my work window this afternoon... hmmm...) but I think I'm looking forward to returning to work. And I'm taking the day off tomorrow to hang out with my brother-in-law and father-in-law who just flew in today from back home.

4 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Ah, that bullet hole freaks me out a bit. (And I'm not your mom!) Hope you have a wonderful time with family in town. I love your piano player!

Umā said...

A few weeks ago in Northampton a man was playing the piano on one of the narrow, uneven sidewalks (not even on Main St!) and I also wondered how on earth he'd managed to lug that huge instrument there, how he had the energy to do so. J and I moved our neighbor's old piano down the road and into the dining room years ago and I have no desire to move it anyplace else for a looong time.

Char said...

great shot - i like things in unexpected places so this is sooo interesting to me

have a great weekend

CMwhyK said...

WHEN MY CAR WAS STOLEN I GOT IT BACK 6 MONTHS LATER WITH BULLET HOLES, A BAT, A "WUPASS" PADDLE, AND SOME REALLY AWESOME GHETTO RAP OH AND A PIC OF THEMSELVES THE NOW HANGS IN MY KITCHEN, NEEDLESS TO SAY I FELT LIKE A BADASS DRIVING IT AROUND.