Seth's sister is visiting NYC for work, and of course, we are squeezing in as much family time as we can while she is here (and not busy working). The first night she got in, we met up for dinner in Williamsburg. Seth's brother suggested after dinner we walk across the Williamsburg Bridge. It was my first walk across this bridge, and I loved it. It was very different from the Brooklyn Bridge, not as many people and obviously not a popular tourist destination. There was fencing up on the sides of the walkway (which can get in the way of tourists' photos). Graffiti covered many of the surfaces surrounding us, and bikers sped past us quickly on their way home through the dark. But I loved how, despite the grunge of the bridge, I was inspired by the beauty, by my city.

5 comments:
oh i love your description and as always the images..i am getting to know NY thru you!
such a lovely photo! and i really enjoyed the feeling in your words.
Well personally I like the idea of graffiti, bikers and first time walks. They're inspiring. Love the photo. Hope all is well.
I love the lights all blurry...and the fencing so sharp and clear. Kind of symbolic at times!
love your photo- it's really beautiful!
i am also a brooklyn bridge enthusiast who, after 8 years in the city, just walked over the manhattan bridge last weekend for the first time. i totally agree with your description- it is completely different but completely lovely in a much more dark and gritty sort of way.
Post a Comment