About

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Juggling Fire

Earlier this summer, while wondering through the South Street Seaport, we caught a street show of a man juggling fire, an apple, and a small sword/large knife. As if that weren't enough, he was balancing on a board and ate a bite out of the apple at three different times during the juggling performance!

I especially love coming upon good street performances. This one was definitely a great one to catch. I get pulled in... I have to get right up close and see what is going on, to become a part of the show. I sneak my way between people, getting a closer look. Sometimes I wonder if the people I am with would have stopped to watch if it weren't for me, if it weren't for the magnetic pull they seem to have on me. I can't help it. When I see one, there is nothing else I'd rather be doing than watching.

Getting his balance...

And the juggling begins...

And onto the apple biting. Amazing.

I love this moment. The expression on his face, the lines on his face from years of smiling.

This woman was with him. I didn't catch her part in the show, but I had to capture her, in her costume, watching as the juggler collected money after his performance.

5 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Very cool. Kind of like living in a circus world, eh??

Char said...

I love street performers too...well, except for that naked cowboy guy - he looks kinda gross.

poefusion said...

I would have had to stop for a moment too. Your pictures are great. I think it's amazing what people can do once they set their minds to it. hope all is well.

Holly said...

what a marvelous face! So much character!

Jac said...

Love the coloring you achieved in these shots - looks fantastic :)