About

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Simple Things

I spent last week taking in the simple things, shedding all the weight that had been on my shoulders... I began to get myself back to center, back to the calmness I have desperately needed the last few months. Here are a few of the simple things I enjoyed while away... I hope I can keep these things with me until I get back... Next round, I'll share the simple things I have in my everyday life.

Wild flowers growing free and beautiful.

If I were a tree, I'd wish to be that tree, standing beside/connected to my tree love, together, taking in our view, surviving the elements of life.

Sit. Breathe. Take in the view.

Big skies. I couldn't get enough.

A cup of coffee on the porch, enjoying the morning moments.

Power lines.

Four of my favorite people.

The smell of fresh air. The smell of a rain just passed. The sun shining. Breathing it all into my soul.

Thanks Christina for the inspiration! For her simple things and other amazing lists of simple things, click over to her blog Soul Aperture.

12 comments:

Mrs. E said...

I absolutely love the pic of the 4 on the rock! I think it is interesting that it is the "big" sky that you have missed. I often hear that when people leave our area! (We take it for granted too often.)

ELK said...

so true ~ and I relish the coffee cup
image most although there is something quiet and calm about them even the lines.

GailO said...

Very soft colors in these pics...rested! I love the self portrait...very pretty:)

poefusion said...

I love your self portrait. You look peaceful. You look as though you're watching the birds circle against a blue sky. I also like the coffee cup image as that's a time for gathering with family on the porch to talk about what your day is going to be like. And, the tree. I really liked that one as I loved climbing trees when I was a child.

georgia b. said...

oh, my! every one of these is beautiful, alicia! the silhouette black and white is my favorite. just beautiful!

christina said...

That coffee looks so inviting. Your photography speaks a beautiful language. The soft colors are amazing.
Simple and wonderful.
xo

Maisy said...

love that silhouette shot!!

Sophie said...

Very pretty, calming photos. I've never seen a coffee cup look so pretty in a picture :).

Shell said...

I enjoyed your list, Alicia. Big skies and taking in the view!

Kristin Zecchinelli said...

beautiful alicia. love that silhouette! ~kristin

Jac said...

I'm guessing those are four of my favorite people too :) And I rrrrreally like that shot girlfriend! Awesome!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, I do love your illustrated list and your wonderful thoughts. I've been on vacation and am just now getting around to all of Christina's friends. It's been so very nice to meet you.