I've gone along on golf outings many times, but it's been just recently that I actually played a game of golf myself. On our first day in Estes, we joined April and Nick for a game of golf near Lake Estes.

This golf course is absolutely beautiful with the mountains surrounding the course.

"Practice swing."

The gals cheering us on.

Love them!

We got to hole six and had to hit our balls across this...

After getting them across (maybe not all of us got our across), we headed down this path towards the bridge to cross over to the other side. And this would be the moment that I lost interest in playing anymore...

We had created names for each other on our score card (which we didn't really use...) Seth was Darius Whitefeather. I was 2 Running Rabbits. April was Candy Cane or Candy Necklace... And I can't remember Nick's made-up name...

The elk were all over the course. I was curious if they ever got hit with balls and what would happen if they were.

My ball made it through to the end! Of course I did stop at hole 6...
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun playing golf. The closest I've come to playing golf is putt putt. Those elk made nice decoration for the course. Hope all is well. Have a great day.
oh, i almost forgot to stop by! that's what happens when you go a whole day on two hours sleep.
it's pictures like these that make me understand what my husband sees in colorado. those greens. those blues. and of course, the mountains. he's not a golfer, but i know if he saw those, it would make him miss his second home.
{don't laugh at me. i never once played real golf.}
Elk on a golf course?! I have never seen that! Crazy!
i golf maybe once a year...and now I want to golf THERE....I love that elk were all over the course...it would give me a reason to stop golfing and just take photos which is what I'd rather do anyhow :)
Post a Comment