About

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Denver

Our first morning in Colorado was spent with one of my favorite friends in Denver. She was so sweet, always has been, making sure that everyone around her is happy, comfortable, welcome. When we woke up, we took her sweet puppy for a walk in search of coffee for ourselves. And then she let me take a ride on her charming vintage bike (TO DIE FOR! It even had a basket!! A birthday gift from her boyfriend... I think he's a keeper!)

Good morning blue sky!

Painted bird seen while searching for coffee.

Mural on the side of a building.

Penny wishing she were outside...

April's vintage blue bike... with a basket and vintage seat.

The morning dew still hanging onto the blades of glass.

Park up the street from April's. I rode there on her bicycle.

Leaving Denver (I think this is almost to Boulder... At the end of our trip we stopped near the residents halls to the right to meet up with another old friend...) It was weird being in a car. Seth drove most of the time, but the one time I did drive, I almost honked at someone to tell them to get out of my way (Ooops, those taxi drivers almost rubbed off on me! Imagine how offended someone would be by me honking at them compared to people in NY who should just expect it, even if they are offended!)

Bikers were all along the road to Estes.

The town where we saw this bus was quaint and cute. I wished I could have stopped and spent some time walking the streets and snapping photos.

5 comments:

poefusion said...

I think that bus is so cooool and the first 4 pics are my favorite. I wish we had that open, blue sky here today. It's been rather gloomy all day. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures! thanks so much for sharing. :) i really love that bird.

georgia b. said...

that shot of penny is seriously cool and adorable!

denver is beautiful as seen through you eyes and your lens. great collection of shots. i love the bus/van. i want one!

WarriorHeartGypsySoul said...

Looks like you had a great time!

I LOVE that bus!!! haha

Jac said...

Hey - I know EXACTLY what town you're talking about! E and I said it was the only one out there that really interested us ;) I adore the shot of the dog - it captures "doggyness" perfectly :) and its beautiful.