About

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rainy Morning

We woke up to the rain coming down this morning. It's been a few days since we've seen rain... All of May and June seemed to be taken over by rainy days. It was so hard those two months to go to work when the soft sprinkles fell from the sky, when all I wanted to do was stay home and listen to it fall from my comfortable place. Today, I'm happy to greet the rain, to pull the windows up and listen as it falls, listen as it speeds up and slows down.

In the photo, you cannot quite tell if it is raining... couldn't quite capture it... but I did get the yellow flowers that have recently bloomed. They belong to P and his mama, but are living on my fire escape for another week or so :)

Check out the blur of this photo at beaphotograph.com.

9 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I love a rainy day in the summer. Such a nice way you described it :)

Mrs. E said...

We didn't have a little rain last night--we had a lot. 3 inches in about 3 hours.

I love the "mistake" pictures sometimes. Kind of modern art looking!

Ranjith said...

hey, a very nice blog and a good introduction to NYC for me.. I'll be pursuing my MS in NYC starting this fall

poefusion said...

It's been 82 here today and hot. I think that rain sounds nice right about now. Glad you had a moment to enjoy it. Have a great day.

christina said...

Have I ever told you I just swoon over your photography?? And Brooklyn? Bliss. Sweet combo.
: )
I could listen to the rain all day. In between naps of course.

georgia b. said...

as i read this, i could hear the rain falling outside my window. pretty little yellow blooms.

i'm off to check out the blurred version now—i know already that i will love it.

GailO said...

It has been a while since I have been able to catch up...and how busy you have been!...I adore your new blog...and its perfect header. And I love to lie in bed and listen to the rain on the skylight too:)

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

Oh, I wish it'd rain here...just for a little bit. Love the softness of the picture.

beth said...

I love me a rainy day...only one for every 4 sunny days though during the summer :)