I love the beauty of watercolor paints and have swooned over pieces of are created with watercolors for so long... I finally decided to create watercolor pieces on my own. So this afternoon, I headed to the art store (only moments before a thunderstorm set in...) to get some supplies. Of course, I'm only experimenting... Nothing too fantastic... But it was so relaxing and I was so focused while I painted and experimented with my new brushes and my new paints.

My beautiful window work space.




One of the things I realized today is I kind of don't know when to stop. I was happy with the flower piece and then I kept adding to it... and it got to the point that I was not happy with it anymore.
I used the pages from one of the old books I found on a stoop. These pages have come in handy (remember the birds... and then again as a texture
here). I bought watercolor paper, but thought I'd do a few practices on these pages before I put anything on the actual watercolor paper...
17 comments:
I really like these on book pages.
I think book pages enhance the quality of a painting. Plus you're recycling. I really like your flower and birds paintings. They turned out nicely. Have a great day.
That's great! I love painting even though I am terrible at it.
The birds looking really neat on the paper!
I LOVE these! The birds on the peper...love those. And the light coming in the window looks so lovely for painting. Will you send me your home addy so that I may mail off your winnings :)
Painting on the old book pages is such a good idea...very pretty too:) Have fun with your new explorations!
This looks so relaxing! (here via ss)
what a fub idea!
I love this! makes me want to paint something today....
When you paint something that you like, you'll have to show it to us! :O
I'm still out of paint. :( For now, sketching will have to do. So I'm definitely envious lol.
What a great idea! I love the birds in the books. Makes me want to paint in books.
these are perfect and beautiful and wonderful and what ?
you were only playing ?
I love using old book pages in my art, but the feel of fresh watercolor paper is quite intoxicating too :)
and thank you for your kind words...
I wish your family all the healing luck I can possibly send...
wonderful and creative!
you sell those for sure!
i love watercolor, too! it's the only paint medium that i truly love to work with!
Oh. Your work is really lovely. I am so glad to have found your blog.
What a great use for old books. You really are a talented woman!!
great idea to pain on old book pages!
It has been a while since I have stopped by your blog. I love these little paintings.
i adore your gorgeous paintings! painting on the old pages adds its value, really :))
Post a Comment