About

Monday, July 13, 2009

The High Line

I've been quite excited for the opening of New York's newest park, the High Line. Last week, after returning from vacation, I took it in with Alissa.

2 girls, 2 pairs of Toms. Remember when I got the red ones... well I loved them so much and talked about them non-stop for days, and now we have more! Mine are the burlap ones and hers are the gray canvas ones. You may find me relaxing on these wooden lounge seats many times this summer...

Just a few views from the park that runs on a former elevated train track. Going to be heading back this week to visit again with S and our guests... So I'm sure I'll have more photos to share again soon.

10 comments:

georgia b. said...

cool, girl!

reminds me of the park i was just at in chicago. they even had those same flowers and i took similar pictures of them against the chicago skyline like you did here—not as cool as yours, though. i put a shot of those flowers on my blog today, in fact. but not one with the buildings in the background. now i wish i had. how funny would that have been?

i have not been able to stop by in a while. i have to go catch up on everything i missed here for the past few days.

Umā said...

I've been seeing so many wonderful posts about this park lately I can't wait to check it out in person!

beth said...

your cone flowers with the city scape behind it....absolutley stunning !

Mrs. E said...

Love your shoes...your pics! : )

poefusion said...

I've been seeing posts about this park too. I can't wait to see it someday. The flowers with cityscape behind seems to pop out at the viewer. I love them. Hope all is well. Have a great day.

leaca said...

fun shots. I love the one of your cute shoes and the flower one too....well all of them are great. enjoy your summer.

heather said...

What an amazing spot! I love the reflection in the second spot. You solved my dilemma over what shoes to get for blogher--Toms! Since my feet are size HUGE I had fewer options, but can't wait to try them!

Jac said...

Oooo - I'm all excited to go here with you! Love the window shot :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the photos that you take. They're full of emotion and they're very well done. Sort of inspirational. To me at least. :]

I'll definitely be checking back here for more posts. And that's a very nice park. It'd be great if we had a park like that around where I live... xD

GailO said...

Can't wait to see the High Line...once again I'm regreting that my daughter moved out of Brooklyn...she is getting upset that I say that so often:)