About

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

be a photo



Way back in April, I began working on a website for my photos. Now don't jump to any conclusions that what I've created is Fantastic (just because I've been working for so long)... Really, I am having a hard time creating it because I want it to be fantastic and I cannot quite decide what will make it fantastic! I hope to have it up in the next week or so. It's really driving me crazy not having it going, and the longer I take at creating it, the more I change my mind on what I like and what I don't like and the more time I spend changing things that would probably be fine if I just had it set.

My biggest challenge has been the banner. I don't know what it should look like, and when I have something I think I like, I turn around and decide I don't. Here are two that I have thought about today. Anyone have any opinions? Anyone have ANY suggestions?? I actually have the feeling that neither of these will end up being banners on my site... Anyone else have these same issues that I do?? I think for now I'm going to walk away... and maybe try to create one or two more options later... Then just call it good and get it up and going.

P.S. Please click on the photos for a closer look... and Please share your opinions on the banner options with me!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally prefer the one in color. Though I'd recommend adding a little bit of space between the phrase and the photo. It makes me think that there's a word/letter in the photo- but that I can't see it because the photo's background is part green. Even though that's obvoiusly not true. That was worded weird...sorry about that. Hope you understand haha.

That's just my opinion.

Umā said...

I agree, I like the banner in color as well, and I'm a sucker for all things green. I would make the green type just a bit darker though so it doesn't get lost - or...I would make each letter a slightly darker green tone so it flows from light green on the left towards a darker green on the right (or vise versa). You'd have to experiment, but that's my two cents!

renee @ FIMBY said...

I go for green but that's because i"m a green girl. Green paint colors, green clothing, green garden...

poefusion said...

I personally like the first one best. Ultimately though it has to please you. You'll be growing alongside this website for a long time. I'm sure that didn't help much... sigh. Hope all is well. Have a great night.

georgia b. said...

alicia, alicia, alicia.

first of all, i just love both of these banners, but i adore the second green one!

secondly, i had to stop by and personally thank you for all of your very thoughtful and kind words. over the past two days on all my posts and announcements. i am truly glad that we have bumped into each other in this blogging world. :)

i'm so excited about your web site. i can not wait to see what you come up with, because i know it will be great! good luck with it. keep us posted {no pun intended.} is that what the other link is in your profile page? i tried to click on it once, but it would not let me go to it. so i figured it was just a private blog for clients only or something.

anyway, love what you're doing! it's going to be great!

thanks again, girl.
-georgia

ELK said...

have you tried them on the site to see how they look?...probably but if not throw them up there...i have a file of headers and change up often...i like the one photo and title..rambling here...happy to see you are creating a photo site elk

heather said...

Because I'm a photoshop junky....

I love, love the color one--the green is perfect.

I tried the crop like this

and then rounded corners (w/ drop shadow so you could see) like this

When I first started, I made myself make a new banner every couple weeks until I finally settled on one I liked. Well, I still don't likelike mine, but it stays for now! Can't wait to see the new site!

lizw said...

They are both great. The green one really stands out to me. Good luck with the site.

Anonymous said...

Hi again! It's been a while since i've visited but i'm so excited to learn that you're working on a website. I can't wait to see it. I totally understand the process though. I just made a new website and feel its missing something too.

I like both banners but the green one is simple and just lovely and happy! Good luck with the designing :)

A said...

thank you all for your wonderful answer to my call for opinions!! i can't wait for you to see what i finally went with :)

beth said...

I'm with georgia, liz and heather on this one....
and a big yippe happy dance of CONGRATS on the new blog....

new anything is sooooo exciting !