I don't think I've mentioned anything about my recent creative project. I started an Etsy shop to sell dolls I make about 2 months ago. I have sold a few and have a few in the shop already made. (If you are interested, check out my shop: Ruth Mae Handmade.)
As I am learning and creating more, I decided to give myself the challenge of making one different doll a week (meaning using a different pattern that I have never used before). The photos below show the 4th doll I have made since I started this project. I am kind of excited about her!
The thing I really love about this doll is that she is made from an old pair of linen pants. I am also way excited to get to try my hand at free-motion quilting using my one line face drawings on this doll.
This is the first time I've done hair. It's definitely going to take a little practice before I get the hair attached decently. For this one, I think it looks okay, but it will probably take some quick wear once Sofia plays with her a bit more!
I am thinking of making this one again but doubling the size of the pattern for next week's doll...
Meeting the new doll. We have formal introductions with each new doll.
Most dolls get kisses. This sweet doll definitely got a few tonight.
The dress can totally be changed (once I make another one!)






No comments:
Post a Comment