About

Sunday, March 17, 2013

4.5 Month Sofia


Little girl how you have grown and changed. I feel like your newborn days were ages ago and honestly (& sadly) are faint memories now. It's true what they say about each new stage being even more fun than the last!


You are a toy holder, a toy player, a toy grabber! You especially love your rattle and this crunchy book (although sometimes we have to take the book away cause you get mad at it.... Maybe it's because it doesn't go in your mouth the way you want?) You will see these toys and stare at them until we hand them to you are move you so you can pick them up yourself!


You have lots and lots of fans, including your cousin, Phoenix. He has been trying to get you to laugh for ages. You've given him a smile, and you definitely don't take your eyes off of him (I think you might be just as big of fan of his as he is of you!) Earlier last week, he was trying so hard to get you to giggle, but there were no giggles coming out. I really thought it'd be a while. The next day, we were in the back yard with him. He started taking a shovel and shoving it in the ground, pulling it up, making a silly noise, all while moving throughout the yard. You thought this was HILARIOUS! You started laughing, out of the blue! And it was just a little chuckle... you were rolling with laughter! It was so cute and funny! Phoenix should feel so lucky. You've only laughed for you parents... he's the first one outside of us that has made you really giggle. I guess it's totally fitting!


I think you'll be a reader. You are already wanting to turn those pages. If only those darn fingers would work right! I give you the board books to play with you. And this morning, we gave you my little notebook that I've been using to record the food I've been eating. You flipped through it. (It was pretty cute. It has a little elastic string that holds it closed. I had a pen inside the book, sticking out one end. First you took the pen out. We helped unhook the book. Then you started flipping through the pages!)


You found your toes! This photo was taken moments after you'd put your toes in your mouth for the first time! Of course, the camera came our and you wouldn't do it again. I'm sure we'll catch it eventually... I doubt this is the last of the toes!


Look at you sitting on the couch! Pretty soon you'll be sitting up unassisted. You now try to sit up in the little bathtub instead of lounging back. You also sit up on our laps. We have been helping you sit up with some assistance and a soft place to land when you slide forward or sideways. How the heck have you grown up so stinking fast!? You are pretty good at sitting up in the Bumbo seat too, and you can almost sit by yourself on the little potty!


This isn't the best photo to show those eyebrows... I'm working on getting them at their highest! You love raising your eyebrows. This comes from your father, and we love it! Oh and your hair being down is a rarity! Usually it's standing up all over the place. :) We kind of like it that way!


Everything goes in the mouth and lately you've been doing some serious gnawing and chewing on whatever it is that made it in your mouth... Sophie the Giraffe, mama's fingers, toys, blankets, clothes, your fingers, daddy's knuckles...

Oh little bug, how much we love you. It's true what they say... each new stage is soooo much fun! (I'm sure they say that until we hit the teenage stage... then we just say, "Ugh I hope this ends soon!" ;) Coming up next is sitting up on your own. Mama is working on calling you by your name (instead of one of the thousands of little nicknames she gives you everyday) so that you'll be able to recognize yourself as Sofia. We are going to start signing with you more often - I think we'll start with a sign for mama's milk, potty, and maybe mama and daddy. Of course, you won't probably start using them for a while & I still have some research to do about signing with baby... 

No comments: