I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of summer... And even though the temperatures are still warmer (today was a perfect 80) on some days, I am already starting to think about FALL! Some of it is forced. For example, I have to come to terms with the end of the summer, which is partly marked by the fact that summer concerts in Prospect Park are OVER! If it were my choice, they'd keep going until Labor Day, at least!
While I don't want the summer to end (I barely pulled any beach days!!!! What kind of summer do I think I'm trying to have here!?), I'm also ready for the fall to come. The City is so wonderful in the fall, as the weather cools down and the season changes so beautifully. New York has some AMAZING trees that we don't have in the Midwest.
I'm also looking forward to a few trips north... I want to do Sleepy Hollow again and maybe even go further into the Hudson River Valley for a weekend away. I want to be able to wear jeans comfortably and even a sweater. I am starting a new job in the fall and even though I love the time off right now, having a consistent set schedule is one of my favorite things too! Weekends at the coffee shop would be a nice addition too... Summers are just too busy!
P.S. I have lived in the City for over two years, and we've been friends even longer... It's amazing after our time together that I'm still filled with such a great love for this place! It's been hitting me hard and often lately!! :) It's so much that I have to share it with someone!
P.S.S. Many people at this time of the year, who are in my career field, start to have dreams... They dream about going back to work. I hadn't had my first one until last night. It involved me working with kittens (cute cuddly ones!) instead of people. And it also involved a blimp making a crash landing On Us. Does anyone know what it means when you have kittens and blimps in your dreams??

1 comment:
Kittens and blimps?! Wish I knew what that meant! :-)
I'm more than ready to welcome my first fall in NYC! I always loved fall/winter and now that I actually live somewhere with seasons I'm dying for it to get here already! That and I much prefer dressing for fall... Summer is just too much skin baring for me!
Post a Comment