About

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday with the Boy in the Alligator Hat

Seth spent the day sick laying in the living room. I spent the day doing what he really would have rather been doing, hanging out with his family. First, brunch at A.O.C. (was really happy when they agreed to walk down to meet us there, as I woke up craving it.) Then, through Dumbo and across the Brooklyn Bridge, a must for any visitor to NYC! Here are some pictures from the day. Loved the way they turned out after a bit of processing and playing.

Williamsburg Bridge in the background.

P is the reason I got some of the cool shots I did. He grabbed hold of my hand and tagged me along behind him as we climbed over the rocks to a small beach I hadn't yet visited.

Under the Manhattan Bridge. Lovely.

I love this shot. This is about when he informed his mama that the rock he wanted to take with him happened to be the rock he was standing on. :) I ended up with the tiny rock he picked instead, but I placed it in a safe place so it could be returned to its owner.

Meet Winston (I think that's his name). He was waiting outside the chocolate store. Isn't he the cutest?

Famous Dumbo chocolate store. I didn't let myself get a treat, but I regretted it later. Sweet Phoenix shared a bit of the chocolate from ostrich-sized chocolate egg. It was amazing. I might have to go back soon and get some for myself. (...and it definitely has left me craving chocolate all evening!)

Love Dumbo. Love Dumbo. Love Dumbo. Am excited about plans to return next weekend for the flea market (must check to make sure it's still in the Dumbo location next weekend).

Breathtaking bridge. I greet it every morning from the Manhattan Bridge. Wonderful to see it up close in the middle of a sunny day.

A moment on the bridge.

Lines of the bridge.

Hello City. I have taken shot a hundred times over, but I cannot resist when I am standing with it before me again!

Check out some of my other posts with Dumbo and the Brooklyn Bridge:
Bridge of my Heart
Telescope from New York City to London
Tour Guiding
I Get By With a Little Help from my Friends

11 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Poor Seth. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Your bridge pictures are amazing. What lines!

Anonymous said...

i am amazed how much some of your photos look like some of the shots i took in Manchester (England) like this one...

http://anitamundt.typepad.com/hsmshs/2008/12/sos.html

it's so interesting that people from all around the world play along with us on hsmshs and we get to peek into your space and compare!

anita
x

Aubrey Harns said...

Great shots! Glad to see photos from other parts of the world. Hope to see more of you around HSMSHS.
Blessings,
Aubrey

Chris T said...

Great shots. I visited back last April & loved walking the Brooklyn Bridge.Didn't realise there was a little beach you could get down to!!

Eva said...

These shots are awesome. Makes me crave chocolate AND a trip to NYC. :)

Anonymous said...

your photos are artistic; love them! by the way, the Dumbo flea market is open on the weekends through April 12.

Ian said...

rockin snaps!

Jac said...

You gotta tell me how you process your shots to give them that dreamy muted color in the background. Please!

ELK said...

i so enjoyed getting my dose of ny bridges this morning...and it goes without saying, the alligator hat!!
seen on SS~
always buy the chocolate!

Serendipity said...

I just adore your bridge series, such lovely tones. Makes me wish I was in NY.

Unknown said...

love the pics! especially the one of p chillin on the scooter. love the old 70s feel of the photos. can't wait to see what your dc ones turn out like!!!