About

Monday, March 16, 2009

Modest Mouse Concert

Last night was the night of the Modest Mouse concert. A little while back, I posted about the wonderful surprise tickets that came in the mail from my stepmom. The weekend was eventful, so this concert was definitely a nice wrap-up to the weekend. Below is a video of a moment during my Favorite song (as mentioned in the post about the tickets here.)

There were a couple bands that opened for Modest Mouse. First was Tab the Band, a band from Massachusetts. They only played a few songs. You can hear them here. Second was my favorite out of the openers, Japanese Motors, a band from California that can be heard here. I need to see about getting them added to my playlist. I especially like how much the lead singer got into the show! The last band to play before Modest Mouse was Mimicking Birds. Seth really enjoyed their music, heard here.



This concert made Seth and I realize that we were getting a little old! I liked the venue. It was smaller than most I've been to. I thought I liked the standing area for general admission, but I didn't end up enjoying the standing as much by the end... and Seth's back was hurting pretty bad. We ended up towards the back (as you can see in the picture at the top - which I'm very happy with!) but it was still a good spot. O and the young people who are at these concerts can be a bit over the top... We observed an interesting (& funny) experience with a girl having "blackout rage" (as she coined it) and then apologizing within moments of threatening to fight everyone while yelling obscenities, and Seth spotted a miserable young soul suffering in the bathroom stall, x marks on his hands marking his underage status, despite it all.

No comments: