About

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Aisha in the City

My wonderful friend Aisha came to the city last weekend, and through my complete exhaustion from the weekend and the lack of internet, I am just now posting pictures. We hung out Friday night for a while (Oren Lavie show). The picture above was taken Saturday night on the Upper East Side at a Wine Bar we met up at. She introduced me to a few of her friends, and I hope we'll get to meet up with them again soon (and I may have a photo "job" opportunity with them...!) On Sunday, Aisha joined us in Brooklyn for a couple hours in the afternoon.

I had a most amazing time with her. We headed up to the Flea Market, 2 avenues up. Her and I searched through piles of jewelry, looked at so many random pieces of furniture and other random items. It was so nice having someone to search through all the items in the flea market, admiring and discussing. I didn't think we'd spend that much time there, so Seth was stuck waiting for us while we enjoyed every inch of the Flea Market, only being rushed along at the end because it was closing down.

We were very happy with our finds. Between the two of us, we got 11 pieces of jewelry that we are going to fashion into necklace pieces. I just need to get a few parts and a chain or two to go with the pieces. I am also a proud owner of my first apron! It was made by Moni Briones (check out her website here at www.sewmoni.com).

Here I am acting like I'm putting it to use! This is definitely a good idea for me... ask Seth, I'm Very messy!After the Flea Market, we headed across the street for a sweet trip to Sweet Melissa's. I enjoyed this wonderful cheese cake. Chocolate espresso cheesecake with a raspberry syrup. Divine!

Love the Park Slope Flea Market. Check out more posts... Reflection of the Day and Finds at the Flea Market. Oh, and I took another great reflection picture at the flea market. I'll try to get that posted here in the next few days!!

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! So glad your friend and Seth's family have been in town lately. You look so domestic in your apron! : )

Unknown said...

Aww, I just read this. It made me smile!!! As always, I read your posts backwards. Anywho, I had a blast visiting you and Seth!!! :) Thanks for letting me see your neck of the woods; I can't wait to see you in about a week! XOXO