I'm always sad to see the sun go down on Sundays. Another week of waking up early, commuting to work, surviving my job. As I was getting something out of my bag near the living room window, I caught a glimpse of the color the sunset was casting over my neighborhood. I grabbed my camera and climbed the stairs to the roof to enjoy the view.It was beautiful. The light was reflecting off the windows of the sky scrapers in the City. The clouds were broken in small pieces and scattered throughout the sky. I noticed the Statue of Liberty, as I stood in the cold enjoying the quiet view by myself. Maybe I knew I could see it from the roof all along, but today, it seemed to stand out even more to me. Maybe I just didn't realize how well I could see it, something was different. It's crazy to think I have such a beautiful view only 2 floors above my home. I need to take advantage of it more often.
2 comments:
It is hard to imagine being able to see the Statue of Liberty from your building!! When do you get off for break? We are done on Friday, so I keep telling myself I can survive one more week!!
Yah, that's what I was thinking. I was remembering all the times I imagined what it would be like to see the statue, all the times I was miles and miles from even being able to get a glimpse. Now, it's right there for me to see daily, if I look.
We have school until Tuesday next week... kind of a bummer that we have to go back for 2 days next week, but it'll be really nice to have the week and a half off before going back for the new year. I'm hoping to get some City time in over the break - so I'll be praying for warmer weather and no rain. I want to get some good stuff to share on my blog :)
Post a Comment