About

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Greenery

The other night Seth came home telling me how he almost bought a Christmas tree. He was surprised by my reaction, as I was surprised by his suggestion. Where in the World would we put a tree? We barely have room to put ourselves in this tiny place we call home. Don't worry, he wasn't actually going to be a full-sized tree... I didn't realize his thinking until we smelled our way through the greenery sale near the Food Coop last weekend. It was fresh and amazing, and I think we'll be out buying some sort of garland or wreath this weekend to bring the fresh smell of the holidays to our apartment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a little wreath to hang on my wall... the room smells and looks great, and it takes up no real space. Plus you can hang ornaments on it if you want.

A said...

Great idea! Hopefully the rain lets up this weekend so we are motivated to go find a small holiday decoration for our place :)

Mrs. E said...

How little is this apartment?? You & Seth are going to have such good memories of this time in your married life. Rick & I were talking about the early years the other night. We might be in a bigger house now, but we had such good times in our little basement apartment that flooded every time it rained! No money, no room, but...good times!

Unknown said...

You need a Charlie Brown tree. :) A few years ago my sister and I tried putting up a tree, but the tree wouldn't stay upright and after it kept falling on me we gave up. I took branches from the tree and placed them in a vase and hung ornaments on it. The little guy turned out to be really cute. Happy Holidays to you and Seth!! :)