About

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Possibility of Winter Weather

Keep winter thoughts coming my way! I want this predicted 3-5 inches of snow to hit tomorrow! I'd love to spend the weekend in a winter wonderland :) Even more, I'd love the storm to start before parents start getting their students ready for school so they keep them home. (Can I really say that?)

Even better, I won't have to worry about my pipes freezing or losing electricity (hopefully). I definitely don't envy the lack of hot water, frozen pipes, and then broken pipes that lead my parents to spending the whole day Wednesday hauling buckets of water out of the basement. I won't have to worry about going over 2 weeks without electricity (like I did about a year ago in Kansas). I'll just be able to enjoy the snow... (in a New York City way - which may quickly turn into something less than enjoyment... but must still be better than the results of a winter storm on the farm!)

Sadly, I won't have my hopes up for a snow day. They Never happen in NYC, or so I've heard. :(

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! And you keep your fingers crossed that we don't get another ice storm!! (I want to see pics of NYC in the snow!)