About

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dreaming of the Millions


Seth makes me laugh. Every couple of months, he'll buy a lottery ticket with all intentions of winning millions of dollars. Each time he buys his ticket, we'll spend our next few days dreaming and planning how we'll spend our millions as soon as he cashes in his winning ticket. The day after Thanksgiving, as we reached the subway station near Bric's, Seth ducked into the bodega and bought himself a $5 lotto ticket. I realized, as soon as he came out, his purpose for buying that ticket... That ticket sparks a dream inside him... He talks about how he's going to give each of his family members money (including a large chunk for his favorite nephew), about how I won't have to go back to the job I "love" a minute longer, and about how he'll be able to use some of it to start up the business his brothers and him have been dreaming about, etc., etc.

Of course I laugh, because my husband is silly... but I also look forward to the week we spend dreaming after he buys that random and rare ticket. Sadly, this week of dreaming and sharing and promising millions to even our friends resulted in the sad news. This lottery $ isn't ours this go round. Maybe next time we'll win the lottery... and when we do...

No comments: