About

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Six Months of Being a Wife

The Color of My Love,
David Foster and Arthur Janov

I'll paint a sun to warm your heart
Knowing that we'll never part.
I'll draw the years all passing by
So much to learn, so much to try.

I'll paint my mood in a shadow blue,
Paint my soul to be with you.
I'll sketch your lips in shaded tones,
Draw your mouth to my own.

I'll trace a hand to wipe your tears
And trace a look to calm your fears.
A silhouette of dark and light
To hold each other oh so tight.

I'll paint the stars in the evening sky,
Draw the light into your eyes,
A touch of love, a touch of grace,
To softly fall on your moonlit face.

And with this ring our lives will start,
Let nothing keep our love apart.
I'll take your hand to hold in mine,
And be together through all time.



Six months ago, Seth and I sealed our love in a most wonderful ceremony at the Bartlett Arboretum. Daily, I think about how lucky I am to have spent the best day of my life starting forever with him. I constantly remember how amazing the day was and how special our friends and family made it for us.

After the wedding, S and I began our lives together here in Brooklyn. It has been one adventure that I could Never have done without him. We have successfully survived our first six months squeezed into our tiny apartment (in under 500 square feet), even if the last month has been so messy we've been unable to let anyone come in! :) We both miss home, but somehow, this place has become our home, in this huge city, far from everything we once knew.

I am eager to move back to the life we once knew, despite how much I love this new life. Yet, I know that I must slow down, I must enjoy this life with my new husband, the one where it is just the two of us, living this adventure we have set forth for ourselves. So as Trace Adkins sang to me this morning over the country countdown (yes, I do watch that... I cannot run from my roots... I grew up on country music!)... You're gonna miss this, You're gonna want this back, You're gonna wish these days hadn't got so fast... I'll be trying to slow down and enjoy the next six months of our marriage, the next six months of our life together. :) Love you S.

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Aren't you glad you are having such a memorable first year?! You will never forget it. I'm glad you found someone so wonderful. By the way, I don't think I've ever asked you what Seth does for a living.

A said...

Seth is a computer programmer. He works with payment systems usually... and all the functions that go with those. (loan or hospital payment-type systems... I think)

Brooke said...

This is a beautiful picture, what a great way to immortalize the moment.