After waking up, we decided to do our Saturday brunch (which was more lunch today than brunch) somewhere new. I had read about a mural in Fort Greene, a neighborhood in walking distance north of Park Slope. So, I found a place for us to eat lunch on the way and then mapped out our afternoon adventure through Fort Greene. (We never did find the mural... but we did find a sweet farmer's market in the park.)
Lunch was at a Latin place called Habana Outpost. Turns out, there was a small block party going on with live music, street vendors, lots of people, face painting, clowns, and balloons. I loved the bright colors of the Habana Outpost. The food was good, but the atmosphere really made it!
When you entered, you immediately got in line to order. This is view to the outside where we would take our ticket, get our food, eat, and enjoy. The fountain was surrounded with children the whole time, playing, splashing, throwing in pennies and other things.







4 comments:
wow! the color in these shots is amazing! great series!
OMG! You are sooo a New Yorker now :) Ever since we moved here I've had dreams about finding extra closets and hidden rooms! Its hilarious how perceptions change. A friend told me its a typical transplant response.... being used to all of that wide open space and then having a 200 square foot home :) Heeheeehee
I can't believe you are dreaming about closets!! That cracks me up. And what would the dream analysts say about that one??!!
Georgia, the place was packed with colors... I kind of freaked out with excitement when I arrived to find all the wonderful colors!!
And about my dreams... oy, I have some weird ones!
Post a Comment