About

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Evening Walk

The weather is getting nice again this week, which means evening walks. Seth and I headed out after dinner for a quick walk through the neighborhood. Of course, our walks almost always include Seth's favorite street, 3rd Avenue.

Seth's life would be complete if we lived on that street. (Well I guess he needs more than that street... like the rest of his family being closer, especially Ian, and a laptop!) I personally favor 6th Avenue or one of the streets between 5th and 6th Avenue and 1st and Union, but my life would be complete with a stoop... on any street in the neighborhood!

7 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

I love neighborhoods with lots of trees.

georgia b. said...

oh, wow! great lines in this photo. i love the balance and composition!

this photo reminds me of the work of a professional photographer whose name i can't recall, but he took a lot of shots like this—many in the rain, too. his were all black and white as well.

this shot looks like something that would be in a book about New York and its everyday sites around town. lovely.sculyz

georgia b. said...

:)
oops.

that last nonsense word was the word verification. i guess i typed in the wrong box. no wonder the comment did not go through on the first try. :)

Heather said...

great capture! The barely visible silhouette of a person at the other end of the sidewalk really draws the eye.

Jac said...

think you can get ian up here before your lease runs up? bet the three of you could land a stoop nearby.... :) you guys need to come have a drink with us on our stoop some evening!!!!!

love the lines in your shot bytheway!

Jac said...

oh, yeah - and e is addicted to 3rd street too! some deep seeded schultz thing?

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Great shot. The street is so wide. I thought all of NY was squashed together!!!

I'm with Seth I'd live there too.