About

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Rain is Coming


We've been told we are pretty lucky, experiencing such summery weather so late into fall. (Seriously, I feel like it's still summer here... The leaves are green, the sun is shining. It doesn't help that I haven't "gone back to school.") But alas, our summer must end at some point (I was hoping baby would come when the sun was still shining, but chances are, the rain will be here.)

Friday is supposed to bring the first rains of fall. I am anxiously waiting to experience this wet season of the Northwest. The winter was the one thing that Seth was most worried about with our move to Portland... Many people say that it's hard at first, but the summers, the greenness, the beauty of the Northwest make it all worth it. And if we get really blue from all the overcast days, we can always get a  sunlamp (they aren't even as expensive as I thought they'd be & the reviews say you only have to spend 15-30 minutes with it on to feel the difference!)

The last thing we need to do to prepare for the coming rains is get Seth some rain gear for his daily bike commute to work. One of our midwives suggested shopping at Andy and Bax for rain gear (cheaper than REI & locally owned). And on a side note: I love that our midwives are always giving us helpful information that has nothing to do with our birth. We are sooooo lucky to be going with Alma!

No comments: