About

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Weigh 3186 Pounds...

...On the sun. I found this out this afternoon while visiting the Amercan Museum of Natural History. After putting my father-in-law to work (putting in a new deadbolt so we are safe and locked up) late morning through early afternoon, we headed into the city to meet some of the family at the museum for an afternoon of exploring.

Saturn seems to be a place that is about the closest to the Earth. Mars makes you loose about two-thirds of your weight... and Haley's Comet makes you very, very lightweight. I was about .14 pound!


More Jellies! This one was a very large one hanging from the ceiling... in the room right before the very large blue whale hanging from the ceiling. I'm not going to lie, the size of the whale makes me actually scared of whales. (Is there a name for a phobia for whales? I have it!)

In a dark and scary corner of the whale room, is another whale. This whale is fighting a large squid... A whale and now a squid --- gives me quivers just thinking about it. Today, as we visited this dark corner display, Phoenix searched for his flashlight, only to find he'd accidentally left it on and ran the batteries out. If I'd seen this display as a child, I'd probably still have nightmares about it!

Dinosaurs in North America

Jace and T-Rex

P was quite the photographer today, taking pictures with his mama's camera. Rumor is he'll have his own blog up and running in the near future to showcase his photography and adventures from his viewpoint. Seth and I look forward to seeing his photos. As we parted tonight, he explained to each of us that although he might not be with us each day, he can still see us because he has pictures!

Another evening of amazing food. Fondou at the French restaurant. I was so full by the time I got my crepe, I only ate half of it!

No comments: