About

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Best Pizza in the City


Ethan took us to eat what he claims is the Best Pizza in the City last night. I love the food in New York... I love that we could probably eat somewhere different every time we go out to eat, because our selection is endless. Even with these opportunities, I've defintely found a place we will be returning to: L'asso on Mott St. We started out with a small plate of pita bread pieces in oil and olives. Next we enjoyed Bruschetta Pomodoro, followed by the pizza. The pizza was amazing... a 29" Pizza Margherita - tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, oregano, basil, and extra virgin olive oil - prepared in a wood oven. Pizza wasn't the end, we were soon served two types of pasta, one a pesto and the other was... heavenly! Fagottini - homemade ravioli stuffed with zucchini and potatoes in walnut sauce. Are you hungry yet?

We topped off our evening with gelato (Italian Icecream).



Of course, the Schultz brothers can't just hang out and wait for the subway... they've got to be competing in some way :)

No comments: