About

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You've Got Mail

Reading other people's blogs (something I know I won't have time for as often once I'm back to school) has introduced me many cool links and ideas. I'm really excited about how I can use them myself, but also, how I can use them in my classroom to give my students unique experiences. This morning's excitement is Postcrossing.


Postcards


Postcrossing is a project that connects people from all over the world through postcards.
1. You sign up.
2. You request an address.
3. You send a postcard to that address.
4. You receive postcards from others throughout the world.

I started today, sending my first postcard to Finland. My name is now in the system, so we'll see when and who I get my first postcard from.

I'm very excited about finding this project because I can use it in my classroom... think about what a 5th grader would think about getting and sending postcards around the world! This is a free project, minus the postage and cost of postcards - but there are free ones that can be picked up around the city... and we can always make our own! If anyone else is interested, head to Postcrossing to sign up.

1 comment: