A flea market takes place in Union Square about 3-4 times throughout the week. One of the booths, with 2 hippie-type sales people, was selling hula hoops a couple days ago. As customers approached their booth, they would show the sweet moves that can be acquired from owning a hula hoop. Check out the video clip - the girl was pretty good... Most people could hardly keep the thing around their waists. Makes me wonder just how much she really practices... "Hey come meet us for a drink for happy hour"... "Sorry, I can't tonight. I have to practice my hula hoop."
P.S. The reason I say it's the next big thing... two days later, in Central Park, I spotted another group of hula hoopers. They were movin' and groovin' with hula hoops and music as they advertised their assortment of size and colors of hula hoops.
No comments:
Post a Comment