About

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Catchphrase. ATTN: Schultz Family


This post is a special post for the Schultz family - In reference to the multiple games of Catchphrase and the missing instruction sheet. (I knew I had it. I found it when we arrived in Kansas underneath the truck seat!)

To get your team to guess the word you can make any physical gesture (Something Jace would have loved to have known for as often as he got called on it!) and give almost any verbal clue, but you CANNOT say a word that rhymes, give the first letter, or say a part of the word... the question about "Spanish" being a part of "Spain" isn't necessarily answered, but similarily - "German" and "Germany" would not be allowed because "German" is a specific part of the word "Germany" much as the word "Shoe" is a part of "Shoe horn" from the instruction manual.

As far as points go, you get 1 point if your team wasn't buzzed on. Then your team can guess the word - if you get it correct, you get 1 point (not the 2 we'd been giving), making it possible to score up to 2 points for a round.

Anyways - I'm sure having the instruction manual won't stop the Schultz game questions anyways :) and I'll be saving up my competitive juices for the next round, whenever it is we can all get together again for our next rounds of Catchphrase (and I'll just make sure Micki brings another puzzle for when the time comes that I can't stand with the Schultz family game playing!)

Wishing all of you safe travels home and thank you for the amazing time on my first family trip as a TRUE Schultz!

1 comment:

Ian said...

shabam! i knew it wasn't 2 points for guessing the other teams' word.. as i had mentioned, 2 points TOTAL. i'm amazing :) and i still think doing gestures is unfair and shouldn't be allowed as this makes for a more challenging game.. well, now we all know the TRUE rules i suppose :) good lookin out