About

Monday, July 28, 2008

Weight of the World

cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.



I awoke this morning to a nice little email reminding me of how much stuff I have and how I'm torturing others with it... I thought I would send a quick shout-out and a HUGE Thank You to my family and my husband's family for their help with moving all my boxes from Kansas to New York.

I definitely owe all of you "movers"! Right now, I can only offer my gratitude and a promise that I'll find some really cool places to take you and provide an air mattress when you come see me! So, thank you for putting the weight of MY world on your shoulders and carrying all my boxes:

*Bryan - for picking up all my boxes and driving them to NYC (Have a Safe trip! We can't wait to see you!!)

*Mom - for letting me use the house as a storage unit and organizing/packing the junk I didn't get taken care of myself.

*Courtney - for helping me move all the boxes out of my classroom and into the house and for letting me take over the corner of your room for storage (I guess you did deserve to use my computer for all that time after all.)

*Ian - for once again being roped into helping me move yet another time.

*Jace - for helping drive my belongings to NYC (Hope you're ready to do some exploring of the city! We can't wait to see you!)

*Ben - for letting us use your new house to store all of our wedding presents.

2 comments:

Ian said...

i hope i didn't come off as complaining on that last comment. i was just a bit concerned with where all your stuff was actually going to go.. but once again, you're actually on top of things and have a plan :) well anyway, you're very welcome for the help and congrats on the teaching job! peace!

A said...

You're email made me laugh actually - Because I know you've seen the mass quantities of things I have and how I never seem to have enough room!