Oh sweet Sofia how you are growing. Today, at the Breastfeeding Support Group, I weighed you. A week and a half ago you were 9 lbs and 11 oz. Today, you weighed in at 10 lbs and 3 oz. It is interesting to see you compared to other babies. There was a baby boy who was one day older than you but still looked so much like a newborn & was so much smaller than you. There was also a 3 month old little one that you seem to be the same size as (although he's still 2 pounds heavier than you). All babies grow at their own rate. It's fun to see you growing!
I keep thinking about how I want to write letters to you. Or how I want to record what you do each day. I know I won't remember the details. I should get a notebook and write when I have a moment. Yet, these things don't happen because I'm too busy living in the moment with you (or feeding you or trying to catch up on sleep while you nap or rushing around doing as much housework as possible before you wake up).
These photos were taken last week. In just a week you've changed so much already!! You have started being awake more and being content to sit and be. Today, at our mama's group, you sat for a while and just looked around.
Yesterday, while you enjoyed your naked baby time, I told you about the time your cousin, Tristan, visited New York City. It was so hot that he spent the entire trip in his diaper. I am sure you would love to live in your diaper, or even less. You almost always calm down on the changing bed. You seem to love your bath time. We promise that we'll let you run around with less clothing on once it's a bit warmer!
See these big eyes. You get them often. They are so darn cute!
And those little hands. You keep them balled up so tightly, unless you are full or about to fall asleep. They are quite difficult to clean!
You are a bit ticklish. The back of your neck (like your mama). Your daddy will torture you with that ticklish spot forever! He does the same thing to your mama!! I'll try to protect you from your father's tickling. I know how horrible it is & am definitely not a big plan. Worst case, we'll just hold him down and get him. I know a few spots that are sensitive to him!
Riding in the car isn't your FAVORITE thing, mostly because of that dang seat! You aren't crying the whole time you are buckled in. You do cry out for a while. Then you look out the window or fall asleep. You seem to be calmed by the music. Your favorite channel is the Chill channel on Surius XM. You can thank your father for finding that one and making it a permanent part of our car rides.
You are quite a squirmer. Yesterday, when I put you on your belly for tummy time, you pushed up on your hands and rolled right over onto your back. I am not completely sure when babies roll over developmentally, but you are sure working on it! I think you'll be a little mover once you become mobile!
Your parents try not to stress too much about you, but the love we have for you is so intense that we cannot seem to help it. We absolutely just want the VERY best. We want you to be happy and well. This will never make complete sense to you until you have your own baby, but someday you'll feel this unexplainable, impossible to measure love for your own little one and you'll understand what your parents are feeling for you right now.
Sometimes when you are alert and happy (meaning full of food), we'll sit and look at each other. I'll make faces at you and you try to make them back at me.
Almost every night, you spend time snoozing on your father's chest. It's quite possibly the sweetest thing! (Right this moment, you are snoozing there with your hand on his chest!)
Sweet Sofia, you are so loved. You are so amazing and beautiful and wonderful. You are growing so fast and with each passing moment you are changing and becoming more of the person you will grow up to be!
2 comments:
Aw, she's so sweet. Love all that wild hair! You totally should make notes about her in a little notebook--she would surely treasure it when she's older!
these pics are priceless - i just love them so much! i kept thinking - wow, she looks so big... and then I saw your hand and - wow, she is still so small! lol! the one with seth, ohhhhh - so sweet :)
Post a Comment