I have to say it totally rocks. More than I thought it would and I didn't have a doubt in my mind about how awesome it would be!
This first week of being a family of 3 at home has been a nice transition. Even more Sofia and Mama during the day hasn't been as scary as I thought. Actually the days seem to be going pretty quickly. We've had long walks in the park... Even in the rain it's quite enjoyable. We've taken naps, caught up with friends and family on the phone (so nice to have that interaction since I don't have the regular adult interaction I used to when I was working), made some Christmas presents and Christmas cards, read books, played and had some naked bum time (even got some "Bum in the Sun" time today... Trying to get rid of her pink bum. Pour baby!) She's spent time in her bouncy chair so I could do a few things (make food to eat mostly). We've rocked in the rocking chair (I truly LOVE this chair!)
Today, we made sandwiches and took them to see Seth at work for lunch. She was pretty content there. We almost got her to smile... We can see her face light up and the smile is on the edges of her sweet little mouth. Soon enough she'll be smiling up a storm!!
After that, I took Sofia and went to a Breastfeeding Mamas Support Group. It was facilitated by an awesome woman who was also the teacher of the class we took on breastfeeding at Alma. I am excited to start going regularly for the support and community it gives. Other than discussing breastfeeding, we also talked about our definition of being a mother. A mother of a mama with twins was there and she shared a quote about the love that a parent gives isn't known until you are a parent giving that love yourself. It moved me. I've been thinking about this new love that I feel for my daughter, a love that is beyond words to describe, a love that I see going forever into the future. I had no idea what this would feel like before Sofia. I had no idea how greatly I could love as a parent to this baby girl. And I love that I love her so, that I am her Mama!!
Tomorrow, we are heading out to socialize again. We have an Alma new mamas group in the morning and a holiday card addressing party with a group of mamas I have been meeting up with off and on since September. I am not sure how many cards I'll actually get addressed (they arrived today just in time!) but at least we can socialize!!
Here are a few photos from the last two days:





No comments:
Post a Comment