This is my favorite photo of the day!
Two weekends ago, Seth and I rented bikes and biked to Coney Island with our friends, Scott and Chelsea, for the Mermaid Parade. It was an amazing time! The weather was perfect, the costumes were beyond fantastic, and the day was great fun! (& I didn't get a sun burn!)
I am amazed by the costumes, the body paint, the lack of clothing, the creativity. There would never be such parades or people in the Midwest!
I am amazed by the costumes, the body paint, the lack of clothing, the creativity. There would never be such parades or people in the Midwest!




I snapped this photo quickly, not even realizing at the moment that he was the squid and the whale from the Natural History Museum!



I ended up getting the best photos on the board walk at the end of the parade. All the costumed participants posed and paused for photos.



I will definitely make it out to the Mermaid Parade again! It was one of my favorite New York experiences!













7 comments:
amazing photos!!!
This looks like so much fun!!! I'd love to see it.
these really are just the most wonderful shots of this fantastic event. you captured the magical, the wacky, and the serious with equal beauty and grace.
Totally. Awesome.
So Fun!!! We *almost* went and then... the boys bailed ;) The pics are a great stand-in - they are Gorgeous! That top pic is perfect. And the butt, well, I love it!!!
xo
I was fortunate enough to go to the Mermaid parade two years ago, when my daughter was living in Brooklyn...I absolutely loved it too!...and what photo opportunities! Great shots here!
the banner "fuck you BP.." BP stands for what actually?
Post a Comment