Another Friday found us meeting in Union Square wondering what to do to kick off our weekend. Last Friday, we headed across the Manhattan Bridge to dinner... This Friday, we decided to walk the Williamsburg Bridge and get dinner at a place called Diner just south of the bridge in Williamsburg.
As we headed up the bridge, walking and talking, a guy on a bike rode by and stopped quickly. He turned to Seth and asked if he'd been at the Yeasayer concert last weekend. It took a second to realize, but this was one of the guys from the hand clapping circle that we created on the ferry. One of the other guys that was also a part of it was just ahead of him. We couldn't believe the chances of running into them!It's interesting... Last weekend, we'd had so much fun. I'd kind of wanted to get their information and try to hang out with them again. But Scott pushed us to move on - saying that it was something that just happened, that we couldn't re-create. So off we went, thinking we'd never see our hand clapping friends again. Yet, by some random chance, we met them again! This time, we made sure to share information :) They were talking about how people had approached them after the hand clapping performance asking if the group did events!
I love when things like this happen... Things you'd never think would being in such a huge city. It makes it feel a little smaller, and even though I love the large size of the city, I also love feeling like it's a little bit more like home, not so incredibly big.
One of my absolute favorite things about the Williamsburg Bridge is the graffiti. Even the ground is tagged... Yet, not as much as it was last time I crossed the bridge - They've redone it. Only a matter of time before it's completely covered again I'm sure.








No comments:
Post a Comment