About

Monday, June 8, 2009

Shrine to the Beach

Saturday morning, we wondered along the beach, taking in the waves as the crashed down. We were among only a few other people spread out on the beach in the early morning sunlight. Seth and I made our way towards our nephew as he collected shells and rocks with his papa, finding the most beautiful pieces on the beach and many of them...

I wanted to capture this morning, one of my favorite mornings of all. It was calm, peaceful, relaxing. I felt nothing pushing down my shoulders, no plans for anything for the day, no need to worry about more than convincing my husband to hold my cup of coffee while I found moments to freeze in time with my camera. I had a beach steps from the room we were staying. I had an umbrella waiting to be opened and planted in the sand for the day. I had a book filled with words for me to read, a place for me as I followed the words from page to page.

As we made our way, we stumbled on this shrine to the beach, beautiful details and treasures placed in the sand.

When we settled, our spot was just beyond this shrine, closer to the water. I can understand why someone would take the time to create a shrine, the quieter beach, with room to spread out, to enjoy your day almost as if you were the only ones there. It was nice to not be able to hear other people. We, of course, could see them, but off in the distance.

Yes, I can definitely understand why someone would spend time to create a piece of art with the beach.

5 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful--words and pictures!

Eva said...

That is so cool. I'm so glad you were able to capture it in photos!

Dani Leigh/Sweet D! said...

I love that last one especially!

Shelli said...

The time you spent here paid off. I love the detail shots. Seen on SS.

Sarah-Ji said...

Wow. How peaceful and meditative. Thank you for sharing your photos and words!