We are as happy as a 4 and a half year old being chased by an uncle on a sunny day!! And even happier, because now we get to live just a block from this little nephew of ours!! We are signing on Thursday, so I'll try to see if I can get back in for a better look and a few pictures :)In other news... I spent the afternoon at the eye doctor and have decided that I'd much prefer going to a dentist over an eye doctor. (The only cool part was knowing that my eyes looked like vampire eyes for a while after they were dilated. For a minute I was running with the Cullen family.)
I've been suffering from aura/prisms in my vision field for a couple days now... I do get silent migraines where I get these prisms and they increase in size through my vision and then disappear about a half hour later. I've been told they are silent migraines and the symptoms have aligned and continue to be about the same, lasting the same length of time. But this time, it started and never increased in size or disappeared. I thought I'd see if I could find the answer myself this morning before going to work, and of course, I found this... And began panicking and thinking the worst. (My fragile state this week with stress and change is really making me a nut job. Poor husband.) Anyway. I made a few calls, found a place that I could do a walk-in appointment and left work after lunch.
Unfortunately, the prisms are still there and I still don't have any idea why. I have to go back on Thursday to get testing done on my retinas. Since I'm fair skinned, so is the (something in the back of my eye... retina??) and they can't really tell if there are marks on it or signs of possible retina diseases that could cause prisms. So I get to have special tests done where they darken them and take photos. Back to the eye doctor for me, and unfortunately the knot in my stomach isn't loosening. I'm really going to need this relaxing weekend away at the beach this weekend... Friday afternoon train ride, please come quick! And while we are counting down... 18 more work days until summer break and 24 more days until I'll be enjoying beautiful Colorado.
9 comments:
Wow...I hope they find something minor and treatable. I'll be thinking of you. Hang in there!
PS. Congrats on the apartment!
depending on what the testing shows...you could try acupuncture as it helped me amazingly with my migraines...
and are you from colorado ?
my hubby leaves next week to start his new job there...
Congrats on the apartment! Sorry to hear about your eye though, I hate it when my eyes start to act up. Love the emotion you caught in your pic!
shit! not good... i hope everything is alright!! keep me posted. and kick ass on the apartment! that is huge time :)
congrats on finding a place.
i'm sorry about your eye trouble. that has to be a pain. we take for granted how much we use this mucho-imporante part of our body until we have something wrong with them, hah? i've been fortunate to not have much trouble with my eyes—except for one year when i had a lot of dry-eye. i hope you get your eye problem resolved soon. i hope the tests are minimal and helpful.
and have a wonderful trip to colorado! my husband would be jealous. that is where his heart is.
Congrats on the apartment! Sounds lovely...and your action photo is great...
Good luck on the eye tests...think positive...sometimes looking things up on the internet is scary...
Congratulations on the apartment!!!
Yay! We are so freakin excited :) P insisted we walk past your new pad today ;)
I'll give you a call tomorrow about your eye - good luck at the clinic - and call if we can help at all!
xo
p.s. - Love the shot of S and P!!! I want a 30x40 of it for my wall :)lu
happy NEW apartment!...I am like you and internet diagnosis...I always think the worst...it will be OK ~ I am sending positive thought to you!
Post a Comment