About

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

music and photo

I considered putting this post on my photo blog, but decided I'd put it here... I'm in love with photos that aren't so clear lately. (Those of you who follow my photo blog know this...) I like the way they make me feel... poetic, dream-like, not so perfect (isn't wonderful to find beauty in imperfections?) I like the way the light is captured and the way it fades to darkness, all within the image. Seeing the light in the darkness is something I want to have in all aspects of my life (even when things are incredibly challenging...) And lately, I feel like I'm making progress in loving the imperfections (with more than just photos, but with life in general). My next steps... to laugh more.

One more thing... I also want to share a song, one that I'm loving lately, especially the beginning few lines. Push play on the right hand side for a listen to Ryan Adams - Crossed Out Name.

6 comments:

Char said...

oh, I love Ryan Adams

Mrs. E said...

Can't wait to listen to your song. I like your attitude about loving the imperfection. For the rest of your life--that will be important!

HightonRidley said...

I haven't seen an entry from you yet for my September freebie prize draw.

I'd love it for you to win -- you stand a great chance, three prizes of a signed mounted print of mine and only 8 entrants so far.

It'd be great to think of a print of mine hanging in NY somewhere!

Details here: http://www.highton-ridley.co.uk/blog/2009/09/september-freebie-prize-draw-now-open.html

beth said...

loving ones imperfections take years...way to be on top of the game we play with ourselves !!

off to listen to your music....

Jac said...

ooo - dig the song. how about zee avi? whadyathink?

A said...

jac - love it! leaving her open on my computer for a while to listen through some more of her music!! might have to download it :) her voice is absolutely beautiful and love the old-time feel to it!