About

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Happy Monday

Off work today! A perfect Monday for Me :) Not so much for my husband, who had to head off to work while I stood on the corner waving farewell, knowing I'd be able to relax* all day. (*By relax, I mean sit at home working all day on paper work... but I do get to take internet breaks whenever I choose! And lucky me, I get to do the laundry!)

This last weekend, Seth and I went to a New York wedding. Our first since we moved here. We were honored that our friends would invite us to celebrate with them on their special day. We met them almost a year ago for the first time (on Halloween), but didn't get to really know them until our New Year's Vermont trip. Their wedding reception was absolutely wonderful and much fancier than any (Midwestern) wedding I'd been to before. When we arrived, we were sent to relax in a courtyard with drinks from the cash bar and sushi appetizers. (raw salmon and tuna, yummmm... and rolls that included cream cheese, yummmm!)

As the dining room became available, we made our way to our table. With large eyes and watering mouths, we sat down to our own table of amazing-ness. The table was filled with plates of fantastic food. I have to say, Seth and I were not completely aware of what we were even eating, other than the fact that all of it tasted divine. We had our own server at our table to serve us food from the platters and plates that filled our table. Of course there were bottles of wine, vodka, and whiskey for shots and drinks. One shot of vodka after the strong, strong vodka drink I'd had over appetizers, and I knew I was done with the shots (even though it was a Russian wedding, and shots of vodka were being take quite frequently).

As we enjoyed our food, our waiter came around asking if we'd like a clean plate. He removed our plates (even though we still had food) and replaced them with clean plates, in which he started filling with more food. We ate and ate while we celebrated with our friends and their families. The food was beyond amazing. The reception decorations were beautiful and perfect (fall themed!). The live music was amazing - there were multiple different singers. And to top it off, the bride and groom were so lucky to have various guests share musical performances for them as well!

Oooo and the desserts! I didn't even realize the dessert area had opened until Seth arrived back at the table with a plate filled of sweets!

The bride and groom were so incredibly happy and explained to us how fast it was going by. I can relate completely! The whole experience is absolutely amazing, one that I know I didn't wish to go any faster! How amazing would it be if we could take celebrations like these and make time stop, so we could just enjoy and enjoy and celebrate and celebrate!

The rest of our weekend was kind of the norm... We had brunch with a couple of our good friends, Pete and Christina. We spent hours and hours and hours watching episodes of the Wire (we seriously watched a whole season within 24 hours... oooops!) This morning I went to the coop, which was quite pleasant because it was not busy At all. I'm excited about dinners this week... Switching things up a bit and making a few new things (Our dinner list includes: Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Pizza, Tortilla soup, French Onion Soup, Frittata, and Two-Bean Tamale Pie... I just have to decide which to make tonight...)

Oooo and today, I made an exciting purchase. Usually when I see things I want to buy, I think about it and think about it until I forget that I even wanted to buy it. This was a different story. As soon as I saw it, I clicked and bought it!! Check out my purchase to celebrate the fall HERE. And if you love it, you should check out some of the other ones she has that are similar!! I cannot wait for it to arrive!

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

I think I want to eat at your house this week!!

Anonymous said...

I've been in NY all my life and never been to a wedding where everyone sits at their own table with their own waiter service. Sounds like an amazing wedding!!

Char said...

sounds like a fantastic wedding and a great time. Now I have to see what you bought. :)